Cyclone Slider is a slideshow plugin for WordPress. A slideshow is a series of slides, which can be an image, video or custom html, that uses an animation when transitioning between slides. WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog.
Why Use It?
- Add slides
- Set slideshow properties
- Choose a template
- Publish. That’s it!
Supports Multiple Slide Types
- Custom HTML
- and Testimonial slides.
Translation Ready and RTL Support
Ideal for languages other than English. It enables non-English speakers to use Cyclone Slider. It also supports RTL (right-to-left) languages like Hebrew and Japanese.
Comes With 4 Core Templates:
- and Thumbnails.
Advance Template System
Not happy with the core templates? The template system allows developers to customize the slideshow appearance and behavior. Perfect for every client projects. More info on templating here.
Load only the scripts and styles that you need.
Moving your slideshow to a different website? No problemo. You can export and import (vice versa) slideshows easily.
- Ability to add per-slide transition effects.
- Customizable tile transition effects.
- Unlimited sliders.
- Unique settings for each slider.
- Supports random slide order.
- Shortcode for displaying sliders anywhere in your site.
- Ability to import images from NextGEN (NextGEN must be installed and active).
- Ability to use qTranslate quick tags for slide title and descriptions (qTranslate must be installed and active).
- Allows title and alt to be specified for each slide images.
- Comes with a widget to display your slider easily in widget areas.
- Ability to fine tune the script settings. You can choose what scripts to load and where to load them.
- WordPress 3.5 or higher
- Administration access to your site
- SFTP access to your server
Install via WordPress Admin
- Ready the zip file of the plugin
- Go to Admin > Plugins > Add New
- On the upper portion click the Upload link
- Using the file upload field, upload the plugin zip file here and activate the plugin
Install via FTP
- First unzip the plugin file
- Using FTP go to your server’s wp-content/plugins directory
- Upload the unzipped plugin here
- Once finished login into your WP Admin and go to Admin > Plugins
- Look for Cyclone Slider and activate it
How to Use
Adding a Slideshow
- Go to Admin > Cyclone Slider.
- Click Add Slideshow. You will be taken to the Add New Slideshow page.
- In the title area type the name of your slideshow.
- Add slides in the Slides panel. Check out the Adding Slides section.
- Thats it! Now click Publish.
- Inside the edit slideshow screen, click the Add Slide button in the Slides panel.
- A new slide box will appear.
- Inside it you will find the Get Image button. Click it.
- The WordPress media box will now appear. In the "From Computer" click the Select Files button. Choose an image for this slide and upload it.
- Once uploaded you will see an Add to Slide button. Click it. It doesn't matter what the size of image is.
- Your image should now appear in the slide box.
- Repeat step 1 to add more slides. Save it.
Displaying a Slideshow
You can use a shortcode to display your slideshow. At a minimum you only need to specify the ID: